‘We are our Choice’ – John Paul Sartre
We at Fisherley value your privacy and desire to know how your information will be handled and used.
Type of Data Collected
The types of information that Fisherley collects about you include:
• Contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, and email).
• Vehicle information (such as VIN, make, model, year, retailer, date of purchase or lease, purchase/lease price, equipment, and service history).
• Data gathered by technology when you visit our website.
• Location information. We may collect and process information about your location when you use our services.
• Technical information. Includes the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
• Information about your visit. Includes the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, form fills and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may use the personal data we hold about you, and publicly available data about your opinions/sentiments on particular topics and your demographic data to understand our customers better and improve the products and services we deliver. Your personal data will be grouped with others to provide statistical information only and will not be used to send you information oindividually. No automated decision-making using your data takes place.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you; we are also working closely with third parties, including, for example, business partners, suppliers, and finance houses and may receive information about you from them.
Usage of information
Sometimes we process the information on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in administering a contract between you and us.
We may use the information that we collect in several ways to provide the products and services you have purchased or requested;
• to support your vehicle, products and services;
• to communicate with you about your vehicle, products or services;
• to install and configure changes and updates to your services;
• to improve the quality of our products and services;
• to operate the Fisherley website and digital properties and customise the content;
• to verify your eligibility for specific promotions or benefits;
• to comply with legal requirements;
• to maintain internal records;
• for marketing purposes to inform you about relevant products and services;
• to discover trends and segments within our audience and strategically assess their preferences to innovate new products and services;
• to learn about public and customer perception of our brand, products and services in to optimise them for specific audience segments.
How to Opt-Out of Marketing
You have a choice as to whether to agree to receive marketing information and services previously notified.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing information or update your preferences, please get in touch with us here or by using the details below.
Where we store your personal data
We will securely store your data until you instruct us otherwise or in accordance with current UK Data Protection Law unless otherwise stated.
We use a range of appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard access to and use of your personal information and to ensure it retains its integrity and availability. These include structured access controls to systems, network protection, physical access controls and staff training.
Data Protection Legislation
You can contact other websites or links to download software from other websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of, privacy policies or security of such sites.
We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies of each website or social media service you visit an or sign up.
Access to personal data and your rights
You have rights over how we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without delay and within 30 days at the latest.
For any of the following requests, you can contact us by email or post at:
The Data Protection Officer, Redstacks. Shute Shelve. Axbridge. Somerset. BS26 2EA
Access to your personal data
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This reqiuest is formally known as a ‘Subject Access Request’. We will not charge you for handling this request, but we reserve the right to refuse unfounded or repetitive requests. Where we reject your request, we will confirm your right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and a judicial remedy as quickly as we can – but at the latest within one month.
When submitting your request, please specify your desired information or processing activities. You will also need to provide proof of your identity. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but at the latest, within one month of receipt, unless the request is complex.
Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates the processing of personal data. We are registered with ICO as a data controller, and our registration number is Z4999525.
Please direct any queries or complaints to us in the first instance (contact details provided above).
How to contact us
If you require further information or have any comments or questions about our website or any aspect of our services, please get in touch with us as detailed previously.
Disclaimer: This document expresses our understanding and opinions and does not constitute legal advice